Fast-rising welterweight prospect Mickey Gall is slated for a return at UFC 217.
Gall (4-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) meets Randy Brown (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at the fall event, officials today announced via newsday.com.
UFC 217 takes place Nov. 4 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 217 gets 3rd title fight: champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas
Gall and Brown both earned UFC contracts via the “Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight” series.
Gall, a 25-year-old New Jersey native, is 3-0 since joining the UFC as a 1-0 pro. In his UFC debut, he submitted Mike Jackson to earn the right to fight MMA newcomer Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. Gall choked out the former WWE star in a little more than two minutes, and then in his next bout, he tapped out once-top prospect Sage Northcutt.
He now meets Brown, a New York-based 27-year-old. The former Ring of Combat champion won three of his four UFC fights. However, after back-to-back stoppage victories over Erick Montano and Brian Camozzi, he dropped a decision to Belal Muhammad in his most recent appearance. Eight of Brown’s nine career wins have come via stoppage.
The latest UFC 217 card includes:
- Champ Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre – for middleweight title
- Champ Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw – for bantamweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas – for women’s strawweight title
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Paulo Borrachinha vs. Johny Hendricks
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Stephen Thompson
- Corey Anderson vs. Patrick Cummins
- Tom Duquesnoy vs. Cody Stamann
- Randy Brown vs. Mickey Gall
For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.